Ingredient of the Year: Microbiome Modulation
The biotics playbook is expanding: Probiotics and Prebiotics remain the main ingredients, but options also now include synbiotics, postbiotics, and phages. Each brings its own advantages, but central to each will be the build the science to substantiate the claims, and market in a way that is true to that science and accessible to consumers.
This award celebrates the celebrates ingredients designed to beneficially modulate the microbiome to improve health.
Our judges will look at how your ingredient meets specific needs and will base their scores on your evidence to demonstrate:
- A genuine consumer demand or requirement based upon a common health issue or risk factor
- Solid scientific evidence to demonstrate a unique nutritional solution to this need or problem – including peer reviewed data to back up any performance or health claims made.
- A good range of examples of applications / delivery systems for use in final products
- Commercial success and engagement from your core target market(s). Give numbers and examples of sales and applications that are available in the market
- What gives your ingredient the ‘X factor’ – something that makes it stand out from the crowd and edge out the competition (including evidence to back up claims)
To view the requirements for this category, Click to download
Entries for The NutraIngredient Awards, Ingredient of the Year categories are required to have the ingredient in a finished product that is commercially available in Europe.
HOW TO ENTER:
Entries are now closed.
- Once all entries are received they will be reviewed by the NutraIngredients Awards Judging Panel made up of independent judges from the industry.
- The three finalists will be confirmed and notified in March 2023.
- The winners will be announced on Wednesday 3rd May, 2023.