Ingredient of the Year: Prebiotic
Our award for Ingredient of the Year in the Prebiotic category aims to celebrate the best ingredients dedicated to selectively promoting the growth of beneficial microorganisms in the GI tract. All ingredients with demonstrable prebiotic activity are eligible for entry into this award. From established ingredients to emerging fibers, polyphenols and other non-digestible food ingredients, this award celebrates ingredients designed to meet the specific demands in the prebiotic category.
Our Judges will look at how your ingredient meets specific needs and will base their scores on your evidence to demonstrate:
- A genuine consumer demand or requirement based upon a common issue or risk factor
- Solid scientific evidence to demonstrate a unique nutritional solution to this need or problem – including peer reviewed data to back up any performance or health claims made
- A good range of examples of applications / delivery systems for use in final products
- Commercial success and engagement from your core target market(s). Give numbers and examples of sales and applications that are available in the market
- What gives your ingredient the ‘X factor’ – something that makes it stand out from the crowd and edge out the competition (including evidence to back up claims)
To view the requirements for this category, click to download
Entries for The NutraIngredient Awards, Ingredient of the Year categories are required to have the ingredient in a finished product that is commercially available in Europe.
HOW TO ENTER:
Entries are now closed for the 2022 NutraIngredients Awards. The 2022 finalists have now been announced. Take a look at the full list here
- Once all entries are received they will be reviewed by the NutraIngredients Awards Judging Panel made up of independent judges from the industry.
- The three finalists will be confirmed and notified in March 2022.
- The winners will be announced in May 2022.