Product of the Year: Microbiome Modulation
It’s not just about Probiotics and Prebiotics anymore – synbiotics, postbiotics, and phages have been added to the list of nutritional interventions for microbiome modulation, and these terms are starting to appear on product labels.
This award celebrates the best branded or own-label supplements, functional foods and beverages for modulating the microbiome to improve health.
Our judging panel will base their decision on the following criteria:
- Whether your product meets a genuine consumer demand, and how relevant the core ingredient is in meeting this demand
- Evidence that the product works for its specified use, including peer-reviewed data to back up any performance or health claims made
- Brand recognition and the commercial success of your product, including evidence of strong retail and consumer interest or listings of your product.
- Packaging ease of use and design, including appeal and ease of use, novelty - Evidence of that your product and its delivery system(s) has no, or beneficial, impact on bioavailability (especially if citing single ingredient data).
- What gives your product the ‘X factor’ – something that makes it stand out from the crowd and edge out the competition (including evidence to back up claims)
To view the requirements for this category, click to download
Entries for The NutraIngredients Awards, Product of the Year categories are required to have the finished product commercially available in Europe. Entry holders for this category are also required to submit 4 samples of their finished product for judging. More details & instructions will be shared when an entry is submitted.
HOW TO ENTER:
Entries are now closed for 2024.
- Once all entries are received they will be reviewed by the NutraIngredients Awards Judging Panel made up of independent judges from the industry.
- Our 2024 finalists will be confirmed and notified in March 2024.
- Our 2024 winners will be announced during an awards' presentation in Geneva on the Wednesday, 15th May 2024.